Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Using cancer to spread awareness

Okay, now I'm getting carried away with using my cancer survivorhood as a way to reach a lot of people. This blog has been linked from roadrunnersports.com, because my picture and a blurb about being a cancer survivor was in the catalog. Then, I allowed my picture and my story to be used by the blood drive folks as a reason to give blood. Note: if you have received blood, tell people, and give a hearty thanks. If you can give blood, do it. If you hate needles, think about the folks who are getting the blood. More needles than any one person should ever have. Now, I've linked my blog to http://www.re-mission.net, a website designed to help young cancer fighters and sufferers. I plan to keep spreading this blog's locale as wide as possible. That said, I will probably actually post to this blog at least a couple of times per week. Next post: what I've been up to, and how my body is doing since it stopped getting chemo"therapy" (Sounds kinda like "shock" therapy.

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Geoff,
I scan through Technology Review each time it comes. Usually there is no one I know, nor anything that I can understand. This time, a familiar name came up. I'd write to you directly, but this was the best way of finding you.

Drop me an e-mail address, if you would, and I'll send a little longer note.

Glad to read that you've turned the corner!
David B.
MIT '92

 

Post a Comment

<< Home