Thursday, September 17, 2009

Almost done

Well, I'm done with CT scans. It's been nearly 7 years since my original diagnosis. It's been 3.5 years since chemo. From here, it's blood tests every 6 months until 5 years, then annual until ten years. I can give blood again, so I actually look forward to doing that.

I really thought cancer would change my life. It did, but not how I thought. The one thing is it allowed me to speak into people's lives when they've been affected by cancer, either directly, or a loved one. People understand that I have been there, so I have permission to talk about it.

Thankfully, my time can be focused more on others now, and less on me. I play with kids, go on walks, pet the dog. My competitive nature was pretty much eliminated. Oh, it's still there, but not like it was. If I have a strong day, hooray! If someone else has an even stronger day, hooray!

Oh, and my haircut is way shorter now.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Henric Larsson said...

Congratulations! It is cool that you are writing about your experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home